Sunday, September 7, 2014

An APP by any other name . . .

Please consider this a public service announcement. I have a granddaughter who is savvy about new internet technology. She recently sent a message to her friends and family which looks mighty important--even though I don't understand what it means. But I'm sure many of you will.

Here it is, word for word:

I have discovered the Overdrive Media Console app and my reading life will never be the same. I can check out library books onto my Kindle. Oh yeah!

Now doesn't that look important? Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I think it IS important, Dolores. I'm not an e-reader, either. Too much screen time gives me a headache. But for those who do the majority of their reading that way, this "opens the vault."

    I still remember my mother taking me to the library when I was four. We didn't have a library in the little town we lived in before that. Mom was an avid reader, so the library was our first stop in the new town. So many books! She let me choose one to take home. It was a Raggedy Ann book, and she read one chapter to me every day before my nap. I couldn't wait until I was able to read it for myself, so I wouldn't have to stop at the end of the chapter! Then, when we finally finished the book, we got to take it back and choose another one.I was amazed!

    I think that most Americans take the library for granted because we have always had one, but the availability of books is a freedom we should cherish in every medium.

    ReplyDelete