Friday, May 22, 2015

Enter Crispin

Well, here's the second brownie--but I'd better refer to him as an elf. One thing led to another. When I decided to give him curly hair, that reminded me that the word in Middle English for "curly"  is "crisp." That made me think of Crispin. And when I looked up the background for Crispin, it said he is the patron of shoemakers. Aha! Are you familiar with Grimm's fairly tale about the shoemaker and the elves? (It's even on YouTube.) Anyway, the name became more and more suitable. No naming problem this time.

Crispin does have curly hair--at least what is left of it.
     Next time we'll take a close look at the Pilgrim Friar.

2 comments:

  1. Crispin is such a charming fellow. His hair is amazing. Your work is beautiful and brings joy to us all. God bless all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crispin is such a charming fellow. His hair is amazing. Your work is beautiful and brings joy to us all. God bless all you do!

    ReplyDelete