Thursday, January 21, 2016

Hello, Clancy!

A good friend at the writers group I attend brought me a new supply of fabric and yarn to use for dolls. Completely unsolicited. Just a thoughtful and genrous surprise. The friend is Pat Sheehan. So I used some of what she had given me to make a doll for her. She named him "Clancy." Here he is.


Pat was born in Belfast. You might suspect the Irish inclination from the name she gave the doll.
     Another special thing about her is she has written a memoir, a charming memoir, about the transition when her family moved from Ireland to Los Angeles when she was a teenager. Can you imagine the culture shock? We writers looked forward each week to her next installment--learning about life in Belfast and the adjustments necessary in accepting the lifestyle of LA.


The book is still available on Amazon. I heartily recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment