Sunday, February 21, 2016

Today !

Today I have something in common with a piano.  !  !

It's been a great day. Many things to be thankful for. One thing I still look forward to with great enthusiasm is a book--a book about Ovid that Chaucer would have known. References to the book were many as I did my research. I never accessed it because it was written in Old French. I don't read Old French, but a scholar at Baylor University, who does, received a grant to set the book into Modern English. It's been in the works for a couple of years. I will manage to get a copy as soon as they announce it is ready.
     Lord, bless Dr. Sarah-Jane Murray and reward her efforts.

4 comments:

  1. That stool reminds me of my grandmother's! Lovely to read such joy in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've known about the book "forever." There is a possibility that I WILL get to read it. I've always thought there were solid clues to what Chaucer does with his pilgrims. Yes, I love research. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The deleted comment wss apparently a classified ad from Turkey.

    ReplyDelete