Friday, August 14, 2015

Tootsie!

Talked to my dear old friend Anne the other day. She's an old friend because she's been dear to me for all the years I've known her. Must be 40 years by now. And she's old because she'll be 93 next month. We don't see each other anymore. She's in assisted living near San Diego and I don't drive. But we do fine on the telephone.
     Of course, we don't always connect on the phone. When that happens, I send her a note. About a month ago I included pictures of the dolls I'm making. (She isn't online.) She's a neat, tidy person. Doesn't like clutter. So it surprised me when she asked if I'd make a doll for her! I said of course I would.
     "How big are they," she asked.
      "They're usually about 18 inches."
      "O my, can you make a smaller one?" she said, with hesitation in her voice.
      "Sure. How about 12 inches?"
      "That'd be great!"
I already had an idea. It wouldn't be a clown or a brownie. It didn't take long, and it was fun. Mailed it a few days ago.
I talked to Anne today. The new doll is "Tootsie." She said she especially likes the buttons. Me too.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. Love the name, too. Very fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tootsie! That is so charming! She is beautiful -- her eyes, her happy face. And her hair is fun. Such a precious creation!

    ReplyDelete