Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Celebrating Chaucer in the New Year

It seems worthwhile to assemble my Chaucer possibilities for 2016. After all, that's the passion and purpose of my online connections.
     First that comes to mind is the talk I give on YouTube.


Chaucer: what is hidden in the Canterbury Tales by Dolores Cullen

It's quite popular. My grandson is the producer of the video; he graduated from the Loyola Marymount Film School.
      Also on YouTube is a radio interview: 

                    Chaucer: Dolores Cullen interviewed by Matthew Arnold


Matthew Arnold, the interviewer, is exceptional. He, no doubt, has read all of my Chaucer books and all the articles I've written! That's obvious from the content of his many questions.

     Then there is this blog:


 It gets hits from all over the world. Chaucer says a lot more than what is regularly taught in classes. It's time we question previous opinions. That's what they are opinions, some published 100 and more years ago. For instance, Chaucer has concealed a whole other world in just the Canterbury Tales. "Discovering" it could give new life to Chaucer--and to medieval literature, in general.
     Finally, if you have a problem finding my Chaucer books to purchase, may I direct  you to my website?
 
http://www.celebratechaucer.com

The three books are now online. They can be read--rather like using a Kindle. They can even be downloaded or printed out. And you can easily click to the YouTube and blog entries (all of the above) from the home page.
     I'm planning on making 2016 a great year for Chaucer.

[P.S. You can see the dolls I make on this blog. That's what I do in between my Chaucer thoughts.]

No comments:

Post a Comment